A Mosaic of Ideas About Life, Art & Superfluous Adornment.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fly Away....

"Oh, Lord, have mercy, she said.
  If I could just borrow a pair of angel wings,
 I'd fly away. 
               Yes I would.
                                        I'd just fly away.
                                                         Fly away."


                                   Charis Moblo
Loving the mixture of Verdi gris & Copper Feathers!



Copper feathers attached to a rebar/hardware cloth base.



"Luminary's" Wings.  Almost done with one side.
That is a lot of wiring; about 40 hours already; and one side to go.
As of today (7/24/10) I am almost done with side 2. Did run out of copper
feathers, don't ya know; ordered more to finish.



The "Light" offering of Luminary- the Light Bringer.
And the start of her mosaic shawl.  Only 60 days until
@ArtPrize installation @GRCivicTheatre!







                                  





















7 comments:

  1. Looking great, Molly. You're an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look, Molly. The wings are absolutely wonderful looking. It's good you have the EYE to see beyond the wire sewing. Glad to be able to have helped you sew a few feathers on. Guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both! I know it's my big sister, and I'm so happy that you were able to help me too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's beautiful Molly!! The wings are truly "a work of art"

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It is coming along very nicely Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! And she'll be at the Civic? How awesome - can't wait to see her. Do you know the ArtPrize dates?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Karen, the dates are September 23- October 10. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete