A Mosaic of Ideas About Life, Art & Superfluous Adornment.

Monday, February 22, 2010

OH NO, I Found Ebay!

I have heard that "One man's junk is another man's Treasure".
This is one small load of junk, I mean jewelry, that I received today from Ebay. Not too bad, I found a few pieces that I think I can use in my art, and or, to take apart to sell for parts. I have jewelry classes at the shop, and plan to sell beads, etc. in the future. I had wondered to myself where I could get not just one piece at a time, but a box, or so. Ebay makes it pretty easy for you, by having a header (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p4031.m38.l1311&_nkw=costume+jewelry+lot&_sacat=See-All-Categories) at the top of their page that says: (LOTS).
I surfed for about 2 hours in one night bidding on several lots. Being a novice, I was outbid 14 times before I won something, and then, before I knew it, I had won 5 lots of jewelry! 
Fortunately, I had made sure I had enough money in my checking account before I started bidding. That could be a dangerous thing, because you get so caught up in the moment, place a bid, and then move on to the next lot thinking that your latest bid couldn't possibly win.
Shipping is sometimes the biggest cost, so one needs to be aware of those costs before bidding. Now, having received my third box I realize most vendors care more about getting rid of their junk, not in how it is received. My first box at least came in 2 gallon plastic bags inside the box, the other 2 were just dumped in a USPS box, sealed up, and shipped off. (Not so good when the box may be full of loose beads).
My Ebay days are not over, it was too much fun, but next time I will be more aware how many bids I have going.

No comments:

Post a Comment