A Mosaic of Ideas About Life, Art & Superfluous Adornment.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Live Life or Take a Picture of It? Hmmmm....

"Life is always walking up to us and saying, "Come on in, the living's fine," and what do we do? Back off and take its picture."
~Russell Baker
This is my wonderful family in the remains of the Rock of Cashel, in what was once the Cathedral. Cashel is located in South Central  Ireland, just East of Tipperary.  Cashel was a relatively large church or cathedral soon after 1101, and was still used by the Church of  Ireland until 1749, when the old site was abandoned. It was taken into State Care as National Monuments and conservation work in 1875. In 1975 major restoration began taking place.
It is truly a beautiful and majestic place to visit. One can understand man's reasoning for tall "cathedral ceilings" standing in this structure; makes you want to look up;)
So, I'm off to live today (at my shop), and I just might also take some pictures. Peace.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you can live life and take pictures! I have a friend that gives me a hard time for always taking pictures. To me, these pictures are for future generations. I am the archivist of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only problem with being the picture taker is that you are missing! It was the same for my Father. Only when he set up the tri-pod was he ever in a picture. My daughter takes a few of me though, good girl.

    ReplyDelete