A Mosaic of Ideas About Life, Art & Superfluous Adornment.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Strange Flora & Fauna


Sorry I have been out of the blog country for a while, busy working on this commission and generally working full time at the salon, etc. And looking up quotes too;) 


"There is at the back of every artist’s mind something like a pattern and a type of architecture. The original quality in any man of imagination is imagery. It is a thing like the landscape of his dreams; the sort of world he would like to make or in which he would like to wander, the strange flora and fauna, his own secret planet, the sort of thing he likes to think about. This general atmosphere, and pattern or a structure of growth, governs all his creations, however varied." 
 G.K. Chesterton



Or.... you could just appreciate the little critters and want to copy them somehow.
I do love me some flora and fauna.
Here is the start of the fauna in my commission mosaic:







                           This is the panel behind the client's stove. Must have male and female cardinal. I have a chickadee in this panel and the second little buddy is in the center panel; I have never seen just one chickadee, dee, dee, always two together.


 This is the start of the far left panel behind the client's sink. A luna moth and a hummingbird for starters.
This weekend I will be choosing the flora colors and background glass for the rest. These individual pieces are taking quite some time because they are each so, uh, individual. I have decided the rest will go more quickly since it is all pretty much related in pattern and color.
Thanks for sharing this journey with me.  And have a nice day. Don't forget to smell the flora and appreciate the fauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment